“If you’re going to try, go all the way. Otherwise, don’t even start. This could mean losing girlfriends, wives, relatives and maybe even your mind. It could mean not eating for three or four days. It could mean freezing on a park bench. It could mean jail. It could mean derision. It could mean mockery — isolation. Isolation is the gift. All the others are a test of your endurance, of how much you really want to do it. And, you’ll do it, despite rejection and the worst odds. And it will be better than anything else you can imagine. If you’re going to try, go all the way. There is no other feeling like that. You will be alone with the gods, and the nights will flame with fire. You will ride life straight to perfect laughter. It’s the only good fight there is.”
Hi, I am Otoabasi Bassey, a brand strategist, designer and entrepreneur exploring ideas around personal growth, design, branding, business, strategy and technology.
- Let go of the ego
- The one about anxiety
- 7 reasons why you don’t reach your potential
- Do you use your things, or do they use you?
- Let’s talk about potential
- How to max out your potential
- How to live with intention and actually achieve your goals
- 12 things I have learned from a year of blogging every week
- If you don’t have a canvas to paint on, you can always just steal a door and paint on that.
- Memento Mori