“If you’re going to try, go all the way. Otherwise, don’t even start. This could mean losing girlfriends, wives, relatives and maybe even your mind. It could mean not eating for three or four days. It could mean freezing on a park bench. It could mean jail. It could mean derision. It could mean mockery — isolation. Isolation is the gift. All the others are a test of your endurance, of how much you really want to do it. And, you’ll do it, despite rejection and the worst odds. And it will be better than anything else you can imagine. If you’re going to try, go all the way. There is no other feeling like that. You will be alone with the gods, and the nights will flame with fire. You will ride life straight to perfect laughter. It’s the only good fight there is.”
Hi, I am Otoabasi Bassey, a brand strategist, designer and entrepreneur exploring ideas around personal growth, design, branding, business, strategy and technology.
- Making the system work for you
- Book Spotlight: The One Thing
- How to get the BHAG
- Cultivating burning desire
- Book Spotlight: Good Strategy/Bad Strategy by Richard Rumelt
- Counting the cost (1 + 1 = 2)
- Book Spotlight: Essentialism – The Disciplined Pursuit of Less by Greg Mckeown
- Do you even know what you want?
- How to become who you are
- Want to be happy and successful? Learn how to suffer.